The Pakistan Monument is a national monument and heritage museum located on the western Shakarparian Hills in Islamabad,Pakistan. The monument was constructed to symbolize the unity of the Pakistani people. It is dedicated to the people of Pakistan whosacrificed their “today” for a better “tomorrow”.

     Public monument
>_Architectural style
    Islamabad, Pakistan
>_Construction started
    25 May 2004
    23 March 2007.

Covering a total area of ​2.8 hectares (6.9 acres)​, The design of the Monument is rooted in the rich Mughal Architecture of the Subcontinent.He used today’s technology to modernize the historicalform of the Muqarnas. The resultant Petal-shaped structure Emphasizes the importance of unity and togetherness of the people of Pakistan.

The Four Provinces it represents the ​Four​ Different Cultures of the People of Pakistan. The ​Four Large​ Petals represent each of the four Cultures, The ​Punjabi​, the ​Balochi​, the ​Sindhi​ and the ​Pakhtun. The Three smaller​ Petals represent: the ​Minorities​, ​Azad Kashmir​ and Gilgit Baltistan​. All ​SevenPetals, though independent of each other, stand together in unison to form the nation of Pakistan.

The ​Star of the Flag​ in the Monument is Designed in ​Shiny Black Granite with Golden star​s, which represent the people who Sacrificed their life for Pakistan. The ​moon Crescent​ is made from ​stainless steel​ with inspirational writings of ​Quaid-e-Azam Mohammed Ali Jinnah​ and ​Allama Iqbal.​The various landmarks of the Pakistan,such as: ​Lahore Fort​, ​Badshahi Mosque​, ​Khyber Pass​ and Minar-e-Pakistan​. Though the name of the architect​ Arif Masoud​ is inscribed in stone in the main Dedication Plaque located at the beginning of the main Plaza. he has honored all construction workers by placing their hand impressions all along the long walls flanking this Freedom Plaza on both the sides.

Furthermore, the facilities includes a reference library, audio-visual archive, conference hall along with a ​62-seat capacity auditorium known as ​Panorama Hall​. The complex receives on average received 1500 Tourists ​Per day Totalling at ​0.57 million visitors in 2015​. From air the monument looks like a ​star​ (center) and a ​crescent​ moon (formed by walls forming the Petals), these represent the star and crescent on Pakistan’s flag. The ​foundation​ stone was laid on 25 May2004, Completed in 2006 and inaugurated on 23 March 2007 by President ​​General Pervez Musharaf​. Pakistan Monoment Islamabad Museum is ​Located​ in Front of Pakistan Monoment Islamabad at Shakarparian​, ​Islamabad​ , ​Pakistan​. Museum is ​created​ to give tribute those who sacrificed there all life for a separate homeland.It is spread over an area of ​28000 square Meters.

The ​inner walls​ of Pakistan Monument Granite Petals are decorated with Murals. These Murals are mainly based on Islamic Art. The decorating team led by Zarar Haider Babri and Kausar Jahan spent 119,000 Hours of artwork.

The top of the Mountain, there is a Green area for visiting leaders to Plant trees. In ​February 1964​, the Prime Minister Planted tallow trees here; in ​June 1978​, the Deputy Prime Minister planted sycamore trees; in ​June 1981​, the Prime Minister planted Coptis trees; in ​March1984​, the President planted cypress trees; in ​November 1989, Premier LiPeng planted Magnolia trees; and in ​May 1990​, Chairman Wanli planted Pine trees.

National Monument Introduction:
The National Monument began construction on ​May 25, 2004,​ and was officially completed on ​March 23, 2007​. Together, they symbolize the unity of the Pakistani peoples. It took two years and cost ​580 million rupees​, or more than ​70 million yuan​.


The Sheesh Mahal (Urdu: شیش محل; “The Palace of Mirrors”) is located within the Shah Burj Block in northern-western corner of Lahore Fort. It was constructed under the reign of Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in 1631–32. The ornate white marble pavilion is inlaid with Pietra Dura and complex mirror-work of the finest quality. The hall was reserved for personal use by the imperial family and close Aides. It is among the 21 monuments that were built by successive Mughal Emperors inside Lahore Fort, and forms the “Jewel in the Fort’s crown” As part of the larger Lahore Fort Complex, it has been inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1981.

Sheesh Mahal, in Urdu language, literally means ‘Crystal Palace’. However, with its Pietra Dura decorations and intricate mirror-work inlaid into the white marble walls and ceilings creating gleaming effect, the Lavish room has come to be known as ‘Palace of Mirrors’, and sometimes the ‘Hall of Mirrors’. Similar halls are also found in the contemporary palace of the Agra Fort, and show influence on the later additions to Amber Fort.


The solid brick foundations of Lahore Fort were Laid in 1566 under the reign of Mughal Emperor Akbar the Great on the location of an earlier mud-fort. To build the new fort, the Emperor brought experienced artisans after the completion of Fatehpur Sikri. Later, Shah Jahan converted the fort into a pleasure resort and added Di wan-i-Khas, Moti Masjid, Naulakha Pavilion, sleeping chambers, and Sheesh Mahal in to the complex. Sheesh Mahal is located within the Shah Burj (King’s Pavilion) block that was actually built by his predecessor Jahangir. The chamber was exclusively used for private council meetings as part of the daily routine of the emperor, whereas the whole block was only accessible to the imperial Princes, the vizier, and selected courtiers. The extension work of private quarters by Shah Jahan continued between 1628 and 1634. The distinctive Shah Jahani architecture is reflected in the extensive use of white marble and hierarchical accents of the construction. During the Sikh Empire, Shah Burj became Ranjit Singh’s favourite place. He built a harem over the top of Sheesh Mahal. This was also the place where he used to display his prized possession, the Koh-i- Noor.


The Sheesh Mahal was built by Emperor Shah Jahan. It was built in the middle of Jahangir’s rule. The façade, consisting of Five Cusped Marble arches supported by coupled columns, opens into the courtyard. The engrailed spandrels and bases are inlaid with precious stones. The pavilion is in the form of a semi-octagon, and consists of apartments roofed with gilded cupolas and intricately decorated with pietra dura and convex glass and mirror mosaic (ayina kari) with thousands of small mirrors. At night they light candles. The decorative features also include stucco tracery (munabat kari) and carved marble screens in geometrical and tendril designs. The roof of the central hall rises up to two storeys. The hall was originally decorated with Fresco Paintings that were later replaced with glass mosaic in different colours.


The additional constructions carried out during the subsequent Sikh and British rules of Punjab on the top of Sheesh Mahal added to the dead load that made the structure vulnerable to collapse. In 1904-05, the plaster from the ceiling of main veranda fell apart, exposing the decay of internal wooden beams and the corroding roof. At this stage, the building was listed by the department of archaeology of British India in 1927 and the repair work was carried out. Similar problems arose in 1960s and were resolved through minor repairs. In 1975, Sheesh Mahal was listed as a protected monument under the Antiquities Act by Pakistan’s Department of Archaeology.


The Shalimar Gardens (Punjabi,Urdu: شالامار باغ), also known in English as the Shalimar Gardens, are a Mughal garden complex located in Lahore, capital of the Pakistani province of Punjab. The gardens date from the period when the Mughal Empire was at its artistic and aesthetic zenith, and are now one of Pakistan’s most popular tourist destinations.

The Shalimar Gardens were laid out as a Persian paradise garden intended to create a representation of an earthly utopia in which humans co-exist in perfect harmony with all elements of nature. Construction of the gardens began in 1641 during the reign of Emperor Shah Jahan, and was completed in 1642. In 1981 the Shalimar Gardens were inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site as they embody Mughal garden design at the apogee of its development.

The courtiers told the Maharaja Ranjit Singh “that Shala was a Turki word which means pleasure and the Mar means the place to live in”. Dissatisfied, he changed the gardens’ name to Shahla Bagh (شهلا باغ), “‘Shahla’ meaning in Persiansweetheart‘ with dark gray eyes and a shade of red and ‘Bagh’ meaning ‘garden.’”

[The courtiers present passed high eulogies on the Maharaja’s ingenuity in eulogies on the Maharájá’s ingenuity in selecting so charming a name for the famous gardens of Láhore, and it was ordered, accordingly, that henceforward the gardens be called by that name, and written so in all public correspondence.]

Construction of the gardens began on 12 June 1641, and took 18 months to complete. During the Sikh era, much of the garden’s marble was pillaged and used to decorated the Golden Temple in Amritsar. The Shalamar Gardens were plundered of much of its marble which was transported to decorate the Ram Bagh Palace in nearby Amritsar, while the garden’s costly agate gate was stripped and sold by Lehna Singh Majithia. In 1806 Maharaja ordered the Shalamar Gardens to be repaired. In 1962, the Shalamar Gardens were nationalised by General Ayub khan because leading Arain Mian family members had opposed his imposition of martial law in Pakistan. The annual Mela Chiraghan festival used to take place in the gardens until General Ayub Khan forbade it in 1958.

Mughal Gardens were based upon Timurid gardens built in Central Asia and Iran between the 14th and 16th century. A high brick wall richly decorated with intricate fretwork encloses the site in order to allow for the creation of a Charbagh paradise garden – a microcosm of an earthly utopia. The Shalamar Gardens are laid out in the form of a rectangle aligned along a north–south axis, and measure 658 metres by 258 metres, and cover an area of 16 hectares. Each terrace level is 4–5 metres (13–15 feet) higher than the previous level. The uppermost terrace of the gardens is named Bagh-e-Farah Baksh, literally meaning Bestower of Pleasure. The second and third terraces are jointly known as the meaning Bestower of Goodness. The first and third terraces are both shaped as squares, while the second terrace is a narrow rectangle.

The Shalamar Gardens are located near Baghbanpura along Grand Trunk Road some 5 kilometers northeast of Lahore’s Walled City.



The Trango Towers (Urdu: ٹرینگو ٹاورز) are a family of rock towers situated in Gilgit-Baltistan, in the north of Pakistan. The Towers offer some of the largest cliffs and most challenging rock climbing in the world, and every year a number of expeditions from all corners of the globe visit Karakoram to climb the difficult granite. They are located north of Baltoro Glacier, and are part of the Baltoro Muztagh, a sub-range of the Karakoram range. The highest point in the group is the summit of Great Trango Tower at 6,286 m (20,623 ft), the east face of which features the world’s greatest nearly vertical drop.

All of the Trango Towers lie on a ridge, roughly northwest-southeast, between the Trango Glacier on the west and the Dunge Glacier on the east. Great Trango itself is a large massif, with four identifiable summits: Main (6,286 m (20,623 ft)), South or Southwest (6,250 m (20,510 ft)), East (6,231 m (20,443 ft)), and West (6,223 m (20,417 ft)). It is a complex combination of steep snow/ice gullies, steeper rock faces, and vertical to overhanging headwalls, topped by a snowy ridge system.

Overall, the Trango Towers group has seen some of the most difficult and significant climbs ever accomplished, due to the combination of altitude, total height of the routes, and the steepness of the rock. All of the routes are highly technical climbs.

Great Trango was first climbed in 1977 by Galen Rowell, John Roskelley, Kim Schmitz, Jim Morrissey and Dennis Hennek by a route which started from the west side (Trango Glacier), and climbed a combination of ice ramps and gullies with rock faces, finishing on the upper South Face.

On 26 August 1992, Australians Nic Feteris and climbed Great Trango and then BASE jumped from an elevation of 5,955 metres (19,537 ft) from the Northeast Face (on the other side of the Norwegian Pillar from the 1,340 metre East Face wall), landing on the northern side of the Dunge Glacier at an altitude of 4,200 metres (13,779 ft).



Gorakh Hill (Sindhi: is a hill station of گورکھ ) (Urdu: (گورک) Sindh, Pakistan. [1] It is situated at an elevation of 5,689 ft (1,734 m) in the Kirthar Mountains, 94 kilometres (58 mi) northwest of Dadu city.

»Coordinates 26°51′37.10′′N 67°9′6.61′′E«
Country                          Pakistan
Province                         Sindh
District                            Dadu
Elevation                        1734 m (5,689 ft)
Time Zone                      UTC+5 (PST)

The name Gorakh is derived from the Sindhi language in which, word “Gorakhnath” refers to a popular Hindu preacher associated with the deity Shiva and that Balochi-language word “Gurkh” is later dialectic adaptation of Sindhi- language word Gorakh.

Different opinions have been given about the history and origin of the hill station. It is said that the medieval Hindu saint, Gorakhnath, had extensively wandered in hills and the region. According to Nandu, an authority on Sanskrit, Gorakh is a Sanskrit word which means “shepherding of sheep, cow and goat, etc.”

Gorakh Hill Station is situated on one of the highest plateaus of Sindh, spread over 2,500 acres (10 km2) of land. The area is part of the Kirthar Mountain Range that makes the border between Sindh and Baluchistan provinces in Pakistan.

Gorakh Hill Station is known for its nightlife, specially Bonfire setup.


The Gorakh hill station is situated 423 km (263 mi) from Karachi and nearly 8 hours’ Driving distance.The Hill station attracts thousands of tourists from the city.



How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *